MEETING SCHEDULE (As of March 2022)
The following are the dates, locations, and topics for meetings during the 2021 - 2022 program year. Inn Members will receive an invitation and RSVP information by email for each meeting.
September 9, 2021 (By Zoom) Program:
State of the Probate and Family Court with Chief Justice John D. Casey and special guest/Oracle Award winner, Chief Justice Paula M. Carey.
November 30, 2021 (By Zoom) Program:
Probate Happenings in the Probate and Family Court. This is a joint program with the Massachusetts Fiduciary Inn of Court and will include an overview of the following topics:
(1) The Fiduciary Litigation Session – with the Honorable Edward Donnelly (Ret.) and the Honorable Elaine Moriarty (Ret.);
(2) The Elder Justice Innovation Grant Award – with Chief Justice John D. Casey, Deputy Legal Counsel and Project Director Evelyn Patsos, Wynn Gerhard, Esq., of the Massachusetts Guardianship Policy Institute, and John Ford, Esq., of the Northeast Justice Center; and
(3) Divorce Involving a Spouse with Diminished Capacity: Strategic Use of the Domestic Relations Guardianship under G. L. c. 208 versus the Probate Code Guardianship & Conservatorship under G. L. c. 190B – with Lisa Cukier, Esq., of Burns Levinson and Nan Sauer, Esq., of Roberts & Sauer, plus guest Joe Berman, General Counsel, Office of General Counsel/Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers.
April 28, 2022 (By Zoom) Program:
The Effect of Parental Substance Use Disorder on Children in Family Law Cases
Our panel of speakers includes Trial Court Chief Justice Paula M. Carey (Ret.), Stephanie Tabashneck, PsyD, JD, and the Honorable Kathleen A. Sandman, First Justice of the Franklin Probate and Family Court and Family Drug Court Session
June 16th, 2022 (Cafe Escadrille) Program:
Year End Dinner – More details to follow
Zoom Social Hour Schedule & Additional Get Togethers
October 21, 2021 at 6PM
November 19, 2021 at 6PM
April 7, 2022 at 6PM
Current Inn Members have two options for payment: of their 2021-2022 Dues.
1) Online Payment - Please Follow the Link Below
Handling Fee Notice:
Please note that Cheddar Up is a payment processing vendor and that it imposes a handling fee for the use of its service. The handling fee is collected by Cheddar Up and The Massachusetts Family and Probate American Inn of Court does not receive any portion of the handling fee.
2) Payment by Mail - Please Follow the Instructions Below
Payment by check, without any additional cost can be made as follows:
Kindly make your 2021-2022 Inn Dues
check payable to:
The Massachusetts Family & Probate American Inn of Court
and mail to:
James E. Clancy IV, Treasurer
MA Family and Probate American Inn of Court
P.O. Box 2368
Lowell, MA 01851